Challenge yourself for Cobalt
As the New Year arrives, many people are making New Year resolutions and are planning challenges to complete throughout 2022. Can we entice you to challenge yourself and raise money for medical charity Cobalt?
We will be working with Charity Challenge who have been in operation since 1999. They have created and managed events that have enabled people to raise over £59 million for over 2,170 charities. They organise treks, cycling challenges, mountain climbs, rafting, kayaking, skiing and sledging, dog sledging and community projects.
Charity Challenge is proud to have been recently voted the Best Challenge Company in the Institute of Fundraising PIFA Awards.
We have challenges suitable for all ages and abilities, head over to our challenge page Challenge Yourself for more details.
5 Peaks Challenge
- A weekend challenge in the heart of the Lake District National Park
- Take on 5 of the Lake District's toughest peaks
- Trek to the summit of Scafell Pike, England's highest peak
- Fully supported by qualified mountain leaders
- A Magnificent route in the heart of this UNESCO World Heritage site
This challenge runs over just one day, but with five peaks to tackle it’s certainly no walk in the park! Prepare for an exhausting but energising journey through the rugged and dramatic landscape of the Lake District, as you venture across 14 miles (22km) and tackle five of England’s most demanding peaks, including its highest – Scafell Pike. The group will climb to over 3,000 feet (900m), crossing crags and moorland past the Langdale Pikes towards Scafell.
Lake District Triple Challenge
- One incredible day of trekking, biking and kayaking in the stunning Lake District National Park
- All bike and kayak equipment is included for you
- Off-road mountain biking on the trails of the famous Grizedale forest
- Trek to the summit of the Old Man of Coniston
- Kayak around Coniston Water
This incredible challenge pits you against the spectacular adventure playground of the Lake District National Park. Trek to the summit of one of the Lake District’s most iconic peaks, the Old Man of Coniston, before testing yourself on the off-road mountain bike trails of Grizedale forest, then kayak across iconic Coniston Water. The hire of all bikes, kayaks and safety equipment is included in the challenge.
Support throughout your challenge and fundraising
You will receive support and regular contact from the fundraising team and a range of benefits from Charity Challenge including access to:
- a secure personalised account area with a host of support resources including documents, advice, videos, discounts, training weekends
- a variety of discounts from our partners at The Altitude Centre, Nomad Travel, Cotswold Outdoors, Snow and Rock, Runner’s Needs, and Outdoorhire
- information sessions and webinars where you can talk through the nature of the challenge, training, fundraising, clothing and equipment, and so on
We have challenges suitable for all ages and abilities, head over to our challenge page for more details.