CT Lead Radiographer
CT Lead Radiographer
Cobalt is an innovative and dynamic medical imaging charity delivering advanced diagnostic imaging services across the country to the NHS and private sector.
We are looking for highly motivated CT radiographers who are passionate about innovation and healthcare to join our growing team. Using state of the art Siemens CT and Canon mobile technology, you will support our new services in the Midlands working in partnership with NHS Trusts and Siemens Healthineers. Full training will be provided.
To carry out the day to day scanning on mobile/relocatable CT unit at Dudley Hospitals and other mobile sites should it be required. Supporting a wide range of CT examinations including lung cancer screening, using the latest Siemens CT technology. To ensure a safe reliable and efficient CT service is maintained. To undertake modality specific imaging procedures efficiently and effectively for all patients; adhering to best practice of radiographic technique. Maintaining a high level of professionalism and technical standard of work, complying with relevant Codes of Practice.
Main place of work: Relocatable/ Mobile CT Units Dudley Hospitals
Key role responsibilities:
- Undertaking imaging procedures in line with existing modality specific clinical guidelines and protocols (IR(ME)R 2000, Code of Clinical Practice) Protocol the patient referrals in line with the departmental guidelines.
- Run Quality Assurance checks on equipment, and action as appropriate.
- Ensure due regard is given to the customs, values and spiritual beliefs of patients and to ensure patients views are sought and taken into account.
- Undertake examinations in line with the patient referrals adhering to departmental guidelines.
- To be proficient in all aspects of CT and image transfer for remote reporting where required.
- To hold the appropriate cannulation qualification.
- Manipulate and position all patients providing immobilisation when required.
- Handle and operate highly Specialised and expensive equipment.
- Should imaging equipment malfunction during an examination evaluate the situation and provide an immediate solution. Provide advice and supervision to Radiographers encountering such a situation.
- Maintain professional competencies and CPD.
- To assist in the training of CT radiographers and support staff.
- Advise and mentor staff members, particularly trainee radiographers and junior staff members.
Required skills and qualifications
- HPC Registration
- DCR or BSc in Radiography
- To hold the appropriate cannulation qualification
- Involvement with QA
- Ability to assess and implement highly specialist imaging procedures
- A high level of IT competency
Benefits and rewards
- A competitive salary matched to your skills and experience
- Generous company salary sacrifice pension scheme
- 27 days holiday plus public holidays rising with service
- Life assurance cover at 4 x annual salary
- Great working environment
- Employee benefits programme
- Car allowance scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Complementary healthcare benefit scheme
- Service recognition
For an informal conversation or to find out more before making an application contact:
Roisin Dobbin-Stacey PET-CT and CT Manager
Tel: 01242 535917
Please be aware that Cobalt is not able to sponsor non-EU/EEA Tier 2 applications
Please upload your CV and application form and supply us with a cover note in the box below stating which job you are applkying for. Please note some applications also require a qualification certificate which can also be uploaded below.