CT Radiographers, Surrey based, regional travel
CT Radiographers, Surrey based, regional travel.
Cobalt is a medical imaging charity with services accredited to the Quality Standard for Imaging (QSI). The Charity has recently invested in a fleet of four Siemens go. CT scanners providing the very latest CT technology.
We are looking for enthusiastic and highly motivated radiographers to join our expanding CT team. The post will support hospitals with routine CT imaging and in addition they will also support the low dose CT lung cancer screening programme. This is a full time role based on 37.5 hours per week, working hours and days will be variable.
The post will be based across a number of locations in the Surrey area, including but not limited to Sutton.
You will carry out day to day scanning on Cobalt mobile CT units supporting a wide range of CT examinations, including lung cancer screening, using the latest Siemens CT technology. You will ensure a safe reliable and efficient CT service is maintained and you will undertake modality specific imaging procedures efficiently and effectively for all patients; adhering to best practice of radiographic technique. At all times you will maintain a high level of professionalism and technical standard of work, complying with relevant Codes of Practice.
Key role responsibilities:
- To have highly specialist knowledge of all CT specific procedures
- Undertaking supervised imaging procedures in line with specific clinical guidelines and protocols
- Protocol the patient referrals in line with the departmental guidelines
- Run Quality Assurance checks on equipment, and action as appropriate
- Ensure due regard is given to the customs, values and spiritual beliefs of patients
- Undertake examinations in line with the patient referrals adhering to departmental guidelines
- To be proficient in all aspects of CT and image transfer for remote reporting where required.
- To hold the appropriate cannulation qualification
- Manipulate and position all patients providing immobilisation when required
- Handle and operate highly Specialised and expensive equipment
- Evaluate any imaging equipment malfunctions during an examination and provide an immediate solution
- Provide advice and supervision to other radiographers encountering such a situation
- Maintain professional competencies and CPD
Required skills and experience:
HPC Registration, DCR or BSc in Radiography
Substantial post graduate experience in CT
Ability to produce a high standard of work
Involvement with QA
Ability to assess and implement highly specialist imaging procedures
Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills, confidently able to communicate and liaise with staff at all levels
A high level of IT competency
Patience and empathy
In return your Cobalt package will include:
An attractive remuneration
Staff benefits package including childcare vouchers, discounts and cashback offers
27 days annual leave rising with service, plus 8 public holidays a year
Complementary healthcare benefit scheme
Generous Pension and life assurance schemes
Plus much more...
For an informal conversation or to find out more before making an application contact:
Roisin Dobbin-Stacey PET-CT and CT Manager
Tel: 01242 535917
Please be aware that Cobalt is not able to sponsor non-EU/EEA Tier 2 applications
Please upload your CV and application form and supply us with a cover note in the box below stating which job you are applying for. Please note some applications also require a qualification certificate which can also be uploaded below.