Head of Education and Training
Head of Education and Training
Cobalt is an innovative and dynamic medical imaging charity delivering diagnostic imaging services across the country through dedicated imaging centres in Cheltenham and Birmingham and a fleet of mobile MRI and CT scanners. Scanning over 110,000 patients each year, the Charity invests in the very latest imaging technology to support the NHS.
We are looking for a training and education specialist with experience in the medical sector to lead the internal and external development of our training and education. This role will work in close partnership with department heads to create an organisational culture where Education, Learning and Research are used to underpin and transform service delivery.
Collaborate with departmental heads and managers, in order to identify training and development needs and to develop programme requirements unique to each department. To work closely with key stakeholders in addressing gaps in the overall training mission ensuring a cohesive and effective approach to addressing development needs. To provide strategic leadership, direction and implementation of an Education, Learning and Training Strategy, which aligns with the charity’s strategic priorities.
Key role responsibilities
Working with department heads and the wider HR department, support a robust selection and resourcing process for clinical training programmes to include talent management and succession planning initiatives.
To develop and implement a coherent business plan, to ensure the growth of income from education activity through working with the department heads and clinicians in order to build a portfolio of courses and educational events for external delegates.
To work in partnership with stakeholders including academic institutions to develop and support undergraduate and postgraduate education for clinical staff.
To support the delivery and development of research working in conjunction with the research team
Qualifications and requirements
- Postgraduate qualification in training and development or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience of working in a clinical/medical setting and with an understanding of the associated mandatory training requirements
- Experience in working with a wide range of stakeholders with competing agendas
- Proven management development experience, including in the areas of workforce development, performance and talent management
- High level of professionalism and technical standards of work compliant with relevant Codes of Practice and Governance for example CQC and ISO
- Experience with identifying, developing and implementing effective training and education initiatives to a wide range of employees operating in both clinical and non-clinical roles
- An awareness and understanding of supporting research projects
- Flexible approach to working
Benefits and rewards
- Circa £55,000 salary depending on experience
- Great working environment
- Work with a wide range of specialised equipment
- Generous company salary sacrifice pension scheme
- 27 days holiday plus public holidays rising with service
- Life assurance cover at 4 x annual salary
- Support for professional and personal wellbeing
- Employee benefits programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car allowance for eligible roles
- Complementary healthcare benefit scheme
- Service recognition
For an informal conversation or to find out more before making an application contact:
Alex Moody, Head of HR
Tel: 01242 535900
All applications must be submitted before Thursday 30 September. Please be aware that Cobalt is not able to sponsor non-EU/EEA Tier 2 applications
Please upload your CV and application form and supply us with a cover note in the box below stating which job you are applkying for. Please note some applications also require a qualification certificate which can also be uploaded below.