CT Radiographers, Luton and Thurrock based, regional travel
CT Radiographers, Luton and Thurrock, regional travel.
We are inviting experienced CT radiographers to be a partner with Cobalt in delivering the NHS England National Targeted Lung Cancer Screening Programme in Luton and Thurrock, as well as routine CT imaging.
As a Cobalt CT radiographer, your high level of professionalism, technical skills, and strong patient care will reflect the charity’s values and ensure a safe, reliable and efficient CT service is maintained for all patients.
You will carry out day to day scanning on Cobalt mobile CT units supporting a wide range of CT examinations, including lung cancer screening, using the latest Siemens CT technology. You will ensure a safe reliable and efficient CT service is maintained and you will undertake modality specific imaging procedures efficiently and effectively for all patients; adhering to best practice of radiographic technique. At all times you will maintain a high level of professionalism and technical standard of work, complying with relevant Codes of Practice.
Key roles and responsibilities
- To have highly specialist knowledge of all CT specific procedures
- Undertaking supervised imaging procedures in line with specific clinical guidelines and protocols
- Protocol the patient referrals in line with the departmental guidelines
- Run Quality Assurance checks on equipment, and action as appropriate
- Ensure due regard is given to the customs, values and spiritual beliefs of patients
- Undertake examinations in line with the patient referrals adhering to departmental guidelines
- To be proficient in all aspects of CT and image transfer for remote reporting where required
- Manipulate and position all patients providing immobilisation when required
- Handle and operate highly Specialised and expensive equipment
- Evaluate any imaging equipment malfunctions during an examination and provide an immediate solution
- Provide advice and supervision to other radiographers encountering such a situation
- Maintain professional competencies and CPD
Required skills and qualifications
- HPC Registration
- DCR or BSc in Radiography
- To hold the appropriate cannulation qualification
- Involvement with QA
- Ability to assess and implement highly specialist imaging procedures
- A high level of IT competency
Benefits and rewards
- A competitive salary matched to your skills and experience
- Generous company salary sacrifice pension scheme
- 27 days holiday plus public holidays rising with service
- Life assurance cover at 4 x annual salary
- Great working environment
- Employee benefits programme
- Car allowance scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Complementary healthcare benefit scheme
- Service recognition
For an informal conversation or to find out more before making an application contact:
Roisin Dobbin-Stacey PET-CT and CT Manager
Tel: 01242 535917
Please be aware that Cobalt is not able to sponsor non-EU/EEA Tier 2 applications
Please upload your CV and application form and supply us with a cover note in the box below stating which job you are applying for. Please note some applications also require a qualification certificate which can also be uploaded below.