MRI Training Programme
Our structured MRI training programme will offer you experience on several different software platforms and also the opportunity to visit different speciality sites.
The programme offers a complete and structured education and development package in all the key areas of MRI; safety, physics and basic and advanced imaging techniques. Work for an organisation where everybody knows who you are and appreciates what you do. Undertake lifelong learning with regular and diverse CPD opportunities, including post graduate study. Work with the latest technology - we invest in the latest equipment and stay at the forefront of new developments.
Visit our careers page
Find out more and how to apply for our MRI Training Programme
There is also the opportunity to undertake post graduate study in MRI after your training is complete.
Come and join our Training Programme
- A permanent Contract of Employment
- A structured course fully supported (expected course completion is at 18 months with six months ongoing support up to end of year two)
- A course developed to ensure all the key skills for health, in line with national standards in MRI, is included
- Regular salary reviews
- Initial training is based at Cobalt Imaging Centre in Cheltenham, thereafter work is on rotation at the mobile MRI scanner locations
MRI Training Programme Pathway
How your training will be delivered
The programme is delivered through supportive clinical working, practical and written assessments across all body areas and specialities, with challenging objectives and personal development plans. You will have a willingness to learn and work hard, demonstrate initiative and possess the ability to meet the challenges and deadlines of the programme. As you advance through the programme you will benefit from working at different speciality sites gaining experience across several new MRI systems with leading software and hardware platforms.
You will also benefit from:
- A delegate place onthe international MRI in Practice course delivered by Dr Cathy Westbrook and Dr John Talbot at Cobalt Imaging Centre
- Society and College of Radiographers recognised intravenous cannulation training course
- Flexible and innovative approach to learning, modular programme supported with e-learning
- Dedicated mentor to support you throughout the programme
What's on offer
Our static site has a 3.0 Tesla scanner providing specialist imaging and research. We also have a high field open scanner which offers invaluable experience scanning extremely claustrophobic and larger patients.We scan 55,000 MRI patients a year.
We operate a fleet of modern mobile 1.5 Tesla and 3.0 Tesla MRI scanners. We provide on-site mobile services to a number of NHS Trusts in the UK. The mobile service is able to integrate with the host hospital PACS for the seamless transmission of images.
A dedicated training room
A dedicated training room is fully equipped with PCs, text books and IV cannulation training equipment. We also provide access to online learning resources such as Anatomy.tv and other helpful websites and imaging journals. Scanning sessions are supervised by a senior member of staff giving you the opportunity to learn from and work with a very experienced, supportive team. One-to-one teaching sessions are provided to cover more complex topics and group sessions taught periodically.
The Society and College of Radiographers IV cannulation approved course and a place on the international MRI in Practice course are included as well as several in-house lectures and courses. We’re always keen to develop the team therefore there are opportunities for further study and courses after your training is complete.