MRI Mobiles Superintendent Radiographer
MRI Mobiles Superintendent Radiographer
Travel to various locations around the UK
Cobalt is an innovative and dynamic medical imaging charity delivering diagnostic imaging services across the country through dedicated imaging centres in Cheltenham and Birmingham and a fleet of mobile MRI and CT scanners. Scanning over 110,000 patients each year, the Charity invests in the very latest imaging technology to support the NHS.
We are looking for an experienced MRI radiographer with clinical operational experience to lead the clinical operations of MRI mobile and relocatable services at various locations around the UK.
The MRI mobile and relocatable fleet includes Siemens Sola 1.5T and Philips Ingenia 1.5T and 3.0T MRI systems.
What’s the job?
You will be responsible for the clinical operations at existing mobile sites and for clinical onsite set up of new mobile and relocatable services in close liaison with the MRI Mobile Operations Manager.
You will manage and work clinically alongside a team of mobile radiographers and support staff, delivering a wide range of clinical imaging in accordance with the client site requirements.
You will have a high level of professionalism, technical skills and a strong focus on healthcare will reflect the Charity’s values and ensure a safe, reliable, and efficient MRI service is maintained for our patients and people.
There is an administrative management responsibility with this post. Base location is home therefore administrative tasks can be completed at home where appropriate. Attendance at the Cobalt Imaging Centre in Cheltenham to undertake some aspects of administration will be also be necessary. Administration includes as examples, mobile policy, procedure and clinical risk management, staff training, job interviews, appraisal and performance management.
It is anticipated that the split between clinical scanning and administration/site visits will be on average a 60/40 split. This will be reviewed with the successful candidate and Head of MRI periodically in line with the demands of the service.
This post is considered full time based on 37.5 hours per week across seven days.
What are the key areas of responsibility for the job?
- Responsible for daily clinical operational management on mobiles.
- Ensure mobiles and relocatable services are operated to the highest level of clinical governance
- Manage MRI mobile personnel at all levels, collaborate, and forge positive relationships with client sites and other stakeholders
- Responsible for training education and well being of all mobile personnel, including agency, bank and other temporary workers.
- Ensure due regard is given to the customs, values and spiritual beliefs of patients and ensure patients’ views are sought and taken into account
What are the skills and experience needed for the job?
- HCPC registration
- DCR or BSc in Radiography
- Demonstrable experience in clinical MRI covering all body areas, techniques and contrast media management
- Experience in working with a wide range of stakeholders with competing agendas
- Proven management experience, including workforce deployment, performance management, and recruitment.
- High level of professionalism and technical standard of work compliant with relevant Codes of Practice and Governance
- Experience with developing, writing and implementing policy procedure and risk management relevant to MRI mobile and relocatable services.
- Develop and maintain high quality MRI protocols in accordance with client site specifications.
- Flexible approach to working
About the benefits and rewards
- Competitive salary matched to your skills and experience
- Great working environment
- Work with a wide range of specialised equipment
- Generous company salary sacrifice pension scheme
- 27 days holiday plus public holidays rising with service
- Life assurance cover at 4 x annual salary
- Support for professional and personal wellbeing
- Employee benefits programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car allowance for eligible roles
- Complementary healthcare benefit scheme
- Service recognition
Closing date for applications: 31st August 2021
For an informal conversation, or to find out more, please get in touch with Karen Hackling-Searle, MRI Manager, using the contact details below.
Tel: 01242 535914
Please be aware that Cobalt is not able to sponsor non-EU/EEA Tier 2 applications and we reserve the right to close this vacancy early once sufficient applications have been received. Please contact us if you are looking for a position locally to you prior to completing an application form.
Please contact us if you are looking for a position locally to where you live prior to completing an application form.
Please upload your CV and application form and supply us with a cover note in the box below stating which job you are applying for. Please note some applications also require a qualification certificate which can also be uploaded below.