MRI Radiographer North London
MRI Radiographer North London
Cobalt is an innovative and dynamic medical imaging charity delivering advanced diagnostic imaging services across the country to the NHS and private sector. Our fleet of MRI scanners deliver the latest technologies in MRI imaging, including 1.5Tesla and the only 3.0Tesla mobile MR systems in the UK.
We are offering enthusiastic and highly motivated radiographers the opportunity to join our expanding mobile MRI team.
What’s the job?
Supporting hospitals delivering high-quality patient focussed mobile MRI services in the North London area.
The job may involve regional travel, overnight stays, weekend and bank holiday working.
Full time posts are based on 37.5 hours per week across seven days. Full time not for you? Talk to us about flexible opportunities at Cobalt.
As a Cobalt MRI Radiographer your high level of professionalism, technical skills and strong patient care will reflect the charity’s values and ensure a safe, reliable and efficient MRI service is maintained for our patients.
What are the key areas of responsibility for the job?
- High level of proficiency in all aspects of MRI, undertaking Imaging procedures in line with clinical guidelines and safety protocols.
- Handle and operate highly specialised equipment, run Quality Assurance checks and maintain records.
- Cannulation, supply and administration of contrast media and medicines in line with departmental guidelines.
- Supervise MRI trainees and radiography students on placement, providing practical training and assessment for a wide range of MRI examinations and MRI systems.
- Ensure due regard is given to the customs, values and spiritual beliefs of patients and ensure patients’ views are sought and taken into account
- Maintain professional competencies and CPD
What are the skills and experience needed for the job?
- HCPC registration
- DCR or BSc in Radiography
- Demonstrable experience in MRI covering all body areas, techniques and contrast media management
- High level of professionalism and technical standard of work compliant with relevant Codes of Practice
- Flexible work ethic
- Full UK driving licence
About the benefits and rewards
- Competitive salary matched to your skills and experience
- Great working environment
- Work with a wide range of specialised equipment
- Generous company salary sacrifice pension scheme
- 27 days holiday plus public holidays rising with service
- Life assurance cover at 4 x annual salary
- Support for professional and personal wellbeing
- Employee benefits programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car allowance for eligible roles
- Complementary healthcare benefit scheme
- Service recognition
Please be aware that Cobalt is not able to sponsor non-EU/EEA Tier 2 applications.
Please contact us if you are looking for a position locally to where you live prior to completing an application form.
For an informal conversation or to find out more before making an application contact:
Karen Hackling-Searle, Head of MRI
Tel: 01242 535925
Please upload your CV and application form and supply us with a cover note in the box below stating which job you are applying for. Please note some applications also require a qualification certificate which can also be uploaded below.