MRI Senior Radiographer — Bank
MRI Senior Radiographer — Bank
Mobile services in the following locations around the UK
Cobalt is an innovative and dynamic medical imaging charity delivering advanced diagnostic imaging services across the country to the NHS and private sector. Our fleet of MRI scanners delivers the latest technologies in MRI imaging, including 1.5Tesla and the only 3.0Tesla mobile MR system in the UK. We are inviting highly motivated radiographers who are passionate about innovation and healthcare the opportunity to join our expanding mobile MRI team.
What’s the job?
This is a senior bank role working on an “as required” basis supporting the mobile MRI services during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
You will deliver high-quality patient focussed mobile MRI services to support hospital sites in various locations around the UK. Talk to us about flexible opportunities at Cobalt, choose the sites that suit your location from the list above and get in touch. If you want to travel further afield? Support with overnight accommodation and mileage is provided at eligible sites. Weekend and bank holiday working is also available.
As a Cobalt MRI Radiographer your high level of professionalism, technical skills and strong patient care will reflect the charity’s values and ensure a safe, reliable and efficient MRI service is maintained for our patients.
What are the key areas of responsibility for the job?
- High level of proficiency in all aspects of MRI, undertaking Imaging procedures in line with clinical guidelines and safety protocols.
- Handle and operate highly specialised equipment, run Quality Assurance checks and maintain records.
- Cannulation, supply and administration of contrast media and medicines in line with departmental guidelines.
- Supervise MRI trainees and radiography students on placement, providing practical training and assessment for a wide range of MRI examinations and MRI systems.
- Ensure due regard is given to the customs, values and spiritual beliefs of patients and ensure patients’ views are sought and taken into account.
- Maintain professional competencies and CPD.
What are the skills and experience needed for the job?
- HCPC registration
- DCR or BSc in Radiography
- Demonstrable experience in MRI covering all body areas, techniques and contrast media management
- High level of professionalism and technical standard of work compliant with relevant Codes of Practice
- Flexible work ethic
About the benefits and rewards
- £30 per hour
- Enhancements for weekend work
- Great working environment
- Work with a wide range of specialised equipment
- Support for professional and personal wellbeing
- Employee benefits programme
- Service recognition
For an informal conversation, or to find out more, please get in touch with Karen Hackling-Searle, MRI Manager, using the contact details below.
Tel: 01242 535914
Please be aware that Cobalt is not able to sponsor non-EU/EEA Tier 2 applications and we reserve the right to close this vacancy early once sufficient applications have been received. Please contact us if you are looking for a position locally to you prior to completing an application form.
Please contact us if you are looking for a position locally to where you live prior to completing an application form.
Please upload your CV and application form and supply us with a cover note in the box below stating which job you are applying for. Please note some applications also require a qualification certificate which can also be uploaded below.