MRI Superintendent Research Radiographer/Centre Manager
MRI Superintendent Research Radiographer
We are looking for an experienced MRI radiographer with both proven management and clinical research experience to lead our dedicated MRI research imaging facility in Birmingham.
The Institute of Translational Medicine (ITM) Imaging Centre is based on the campus of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital. The Centre was established in 2016 to support research generated by the University of Birmingham and University Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust. Housing a Siemens Skyra 3.0T MRI system, the Centre also supports clinical patients from the Trust. The service is delivered through a joint staffing model developed from a strong partnership with both the Trust and Siemens Healthineers.
You will manage a team of radiographers and support staff, delivering a wide range of research including neuro, oncology, and cardiac. You will also be the CQC Registered Manager and also responsible for ongoing quality accreditations including the Quality Standard in Imaging.
You will have a high level of professionalism, technical skills and a strong focus on healthcare will reflect the Charity’s values and ensure a safe, reliable, and efficient MRI service is maintained for our patients and people.
This post is considered full time based on 37.5 hours per week across seven days.
Key areas of responsibility
- Responsible for daily operational management
- CQC Registered Manager and lead for quality standards including QSI accreditation
- Ensure the Centre is operated to the highest level of clinical and research governance
- Manage MRI personnel at all levels, collaborate, and forge positive relationships with the Trust, University and other stakeholders
- Ensure due regard is given to the customs, values and spiritual beliefs of patients and ensure patients’ views are sought and taken into account
Skills and experience required
- HCPC registration
- DCR or BSc in Radiography
- Demonstrable experience in research and clinical MRI covering all body areas, techniques and contrast media management
- Experience in working with a wide range of stakeholders with competing agendas
- Proven management experience, staff deployment, performance management, and recruitment
- High level of professionalism and technical standard of work compliant with relevant Codes of Practice and Governance
- Flexible approach to working
Benefits and rewards
- Competitive salary matched to your skills and experience
- Great working environment
- Work with a wide range of specialised equipment
- Generous company salary sacrifice pension scheme
- 27 days holiday plus public holidays rising with service
- Life assurance cover at 4 x annual salary
- Support for professional and personal wellbeing
- Employee benefits programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Complementary healthcare benefit scheme
- Service recognition
- Car allowance for eligible roles
For an informal conversation, or to find out more, please get in touch with Karen Hackling-Searle, MRI Manager, using the contact details below.
Tel: 01242 535902
Do you have what it takes to work for a leading medical charity? Download our application form below and apply today.
The closing date for applications is 5:00 pm on Monday 1 March 2021.
Please be aware that Cobalt is not able to sponsor non-EU/EEA Tier 2 applications and we reserve the right to close this vacancy early once sufficient applications have been received. Please contact us if you are looking for a position locally to you prior to completing an application form.
Please upload your CV and application form and supply us with a cover note in the box below stating which job you are applying for. Please note some applications also require a qualification certificate which can also be uploaded below.