Cobalt is an innovative and dynamic medical imaging charity delivering diagnostic imaging services across the country through dedicated imaging centres in Cheltenham and Birmingham and a fleet of mobile MRI and CT scanners. Scanning over 110,000 patients each year, the Charity invests in the very latest imaging technology to support the NHS.
This post will provide comprehensive administrative, clerical and data management support for all aspects for all matters relating to research supporting all clinical departments.
Key role responsibilities
- Take a leading role in providing all aspects of general administration and clerical work for the clinical research team.
- Source relevant patient images from the IT system (PACS).
- Ensure that the use of any patient data is consistent with research policies and procedures and patient consent.
- Support the radiology and radiography teams by providing relevant data in a timely manner.
- Maintain spreadsheets and databases.
- Liaise with other healthcare organisations and other stakeholders.
- Liaise with key support staff in other Cobalt departments.
- Assist in the development of information for the website.
- Handle relevant internal/external enquiries from staff and external stakeholders and liaise with the appropriate team member where relevant.
- Accurately undertake word processing, produce powerpoint presentations, excel spreadsheets and administration as required.
- Be responsible for the organisation, coordination of meetings, using MS Teams and other virtual platforms, including minutes, liaising with internal staff at all levels and external bodies as appropriate and working cross-site as required.
- Maintain effective working systems to aid the prioritising of work.
- Work flexibly as a committed member of the research team.
- Participate in Good Clinical Practice (GCP) training and ensures GCP compliance of self and team.
- Provide meeting support by coordinating room bookings.
- Conducting site file maintenance to ensure study essential documents are version controlled and maintained according to regulatory requirements.
- To maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
Qualifications and requirements
- Relevant degree or equivalent
- Experience working in the NHS/healthcare or educational environment
- Knowledge of various hospital IT systems
- Clinical research experience
- Experience in working with a wide range of healthcare professionals
- Experience in developing and supporting research projects
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills both written and verbal to lead and support staff
Benefits and rewards
- Great working environment
- Work with a wide range of specialised equipment
- Generous company salary sacrifice pension scheme
- 27 days holiday plus public holidays rising with service
- Life assurance cover at 4 x annual salary
- Support for professional and personal wellbeing
- Employee benefits programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car allowance for eligible roles
- Complementary healthcare benefit scheme
- Service recognition
For an informal conversation or to find out more before making an application contact:
Alex Moody, Head of HR
Tel: 01242 535900
Please be aware that Cobalt is not able to sponsor non-EU/EEA Tier 2 applications
Please upload your CV and application form and supply us with a cover note in the box below stating which job you are applkying for. Please note some applications also require a qualification certificate which can also be uploaded below.