A gift in your Will
Call 01242 535922 for more information
Leave a gift in your Will
By leaving a gift in your Will, you can help make sure that Cobalt can be there for even more people in the future. Over the past five years, over £2 million has been donated to us through legacy gifts.
More often than not, the most precious things we pass on to others aren’t possessions. By leaving a gift in your Will you will help make sure that Cobalt can be there for even more people in the future. After you've provided for your loved ones, your gift to Cobalt will help to ensure that we can be here to provide support for generations to come. Every single gift is vital to Cobalt, and means that years from now people with cancer and dementia will still be able to have access to the very best diagnostic imaging service available. Just 1% of your estate can make a huge difference.
Cobalt make a Will month
Making a Will often remains on a to-do list. More than two thirds of us don't have one. Perhaps we feel it is something to deal with later on in life, that it's complicated or we simply don’t have the time. There is also a lot of legal jargon which we may not understand. Make a Will Month is about highlighting the importance of making your wishes known and, with the help of a local friendly solicitor, making sense of that legal lingo. Once close family and friends have been provided for, you may also want to consider helping a charity or cause you care about. Find out more about Make a Will month here
As a member of Remember A Charity, we are taking part in Remember a Charity in Your Will Week, an annual campaign designed to highlight the importance of making a will and the value of gifts to charities in order to help future generations.
The theme for the week this year is “pass on something wonderful” and an innovative charity-powered search engine called Human has been created to bring it to life.
Combining charities’ unique knowledge and expertise, Human enables the public to select from over 100 of life’s biggest questions and to hear directly from charities, including our own, what they are doing in response.
Its purpose is to shine a light on how charities are addressing so many important issues and how by leaving just a small gift in your Will to the charity and cause you support, you can pass on something wonderful by helping its vital work continue long into the future.
It's a common myth that you have to be wealthy to leave a gift in your will to help us, but nothing could be further from the truth. After taking care of family and friends, even a small amount can make a big difference.
Whatever the amount we're extremely grateful for any gifts left to us, as they will help us to continue to provide #SupportToday, tomorrow and every day.
How to leave a gift in your Will
We recommend you consult with a professional solicitor who carries the appropriate experience for all the formal advice regarding the writing of your Will and leaving a legacy to charity. We can assist with this by putting you in touch with a local solicitor. If you do choose to leave a gift to us, please provide the following information: Cobalt, Linton House, Thirlestaine Road, Cheltenham, GL50 7AS. Registered charity number: 1090790
Types of gift
Every legacy gift we receive is really important to us. Here are a couple of options for the type of gift you can make:
- A share of your estate: Giving a percentage share of your estate once all other legacies and expenses have been settled. This is the most valuable type of gift as it retains its value over time. This is called a 'residuary gift'.
- A fixed sum of money: It can be any amount from a few pounds to thousands of pounds. This is called a 'pecuniary gift'.
Please do get in touch if you would like to find out more about leaving a gift in your Will to Cobalt.
Our promise to you when you put a gift in your Will to Cobalt
- We’ll answer any questions honestly and quickly
- We won’t put you under pressure – this is a big decision so please decide in your own time
- Your loved ones come first – we respect that and won’t try to change it
- We’ll use your special gift wisely and effectively
- You don’t have to tell us your decision – we respect your right to privacy
- You can come and see our service first hand – just let us know
- If you want your gift to be spent in an area that’s special to you, we’ll arrange it.
For further information on leaving a gift in your Will please contact Helen Tomes, Supporter Relations Officer on 01242 535922.
How to make a donation in memory of a loved one
Making a gift in memory of someone special can be a valuable and positive way to celebrate their life. Your kind support will really make a difference to us in supporting people with cancer, dementia and other conditions. If you would like friends and family to make a donation in lieu of flowers, your funeral director can help you to arrange this.
Setting up a tribute fund is a positive way to remember your loved ones by raising money in their name.
- You can honour your loved one with friends and family by contributing on birthdays or anniversaries, fundraising, or making regular donations
- By setting up a Cobalt Memory Fund, you, your family and friends can celebrate the life of your loved one while donating to charity in their name. You'll be helping Cobalt provide more support to people who need it.