At Cobalt volunteers are always welcome to lend a hand.
There are plenty of opportunities from helping out with our annual 'Big Sort' of Christmas cards in January to sharing your skills or manning a stand at one of our many events.
We have over 400 volunteers. People volunteer for a variety of reasons. Some want to make a difference, others want to develop new skills or simply meet new people and have fun. We don’t have a typical volunteer. However, every person who volunteers for us has one thing in common; they’re absolutely vital to our work.
There are lots of ways for you to get involved. Here are just a few examples:
- Join our challenge event team either as a participant or supporter at the events where fabulous people run, walk, swim to raise money for us. You could also be a marshall, a first aider or help organise a stall on the day.
- Become an office volunteer; put your skills to good use or learn new ones whilst volunteering in one of our offices.
- Help with the distribution of Cobalt Cards raising vital funds for Cobalt.
- Coordinate or assist with the collection of donation tins.
- Help us at events with photography.
Please give Kirsty Bradbury, Fundraising Engagement Officer a call on
01242 535922 if you are interested in volunteering
Greetings cards and collection tins
Why not sell greetings cards for us? Cobalt cards are fantastic upcycled cards, made to a very high standard by our volunteers and are sold at various outlets to raise money for us. The cards are of such good quality, no-one would know that they are upcycled and by displaying our cards and collecting tin, you can help to raise our profile and generate much-needed funds. They are always handy for the last minute forgotten birthday too! We are always looking for outlets to place our Cobalt collecting tins - coffee shops, pubs, restaurants and shops. If you would like to have a card display stand or a tin, please call the fundraising team on 01242 535922. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com or use the online form.
Collection tin / box request
I’ve picked up new skills, developed existing ones and become more confident in my own abilities.Reception Volunteer
There’s no typical month with the work I do… I may go to pick up a fundraiser’s cheque, serve tea and cakes at a fundraising event, give a talk to the local Women’s Institute or just help out with a collection at our local supermarket.Cobalt Volunteer