See how your support helps
Read all about the projects we invest in here from exciting research partnerships through to the training and education of medical professionals.
How your support helps
- We carry out scans for over 60,000 patients each year.
- We work very closely with Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust to support breast cancer screening services, by providing ultra high field MRI scans to support the diagnosis of cancer.
- We contribute to oncology and dementia research on a local, national and international basis.
- We provide training and education to medical professionals, attracting delegates from all over the world to programmes delivered by local,national and international leaders in their field.
- We fund a specialist nursing post for Teenagers and Young Adults with cancer. Megan Willsher Cobalt's TYA Nurse, provides specialist support for these patients.
- We support the early diagnosis of dementia in partnership with the 2gether NHS Foundation Trust.
- We fund two specialist nursing posts within the Fritchie Dementia Centre, in Cheltenham.
- We work in partnership with University Hospitals Birmingham to provide state-of-the-art MRI scans for patients involved in research; this includes specialties such as neurology, liver, oncology and cardiology.
To find out more about these projects please click here.
People we have helped
One of Megan’s patients is 25 year old Alice who has undergone 14 weeks of intensive treatment for Acute Myeloid Leukaemia, a rare form of cancer which tends to be more common in older people. It is a cancer of the white blood cells and progresses rapidly and aggressively requiring immediate treatment. 2,600 people in the UK each year are diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukaemia.Alice, Hereford
"It was an extreme shock to me and my family. Megan’s weekly visits have been uplifting and supportive. She has been a constant presence on my journey with me. A source of knowledge and reassurance, she is very aware I am a young person on an adult ward."