Our appeals and see how your support helps
Our role in helping the NHS fight coronovirus
We are supporting the NHS locally and nationally during the coronavirus (COVID-19) emergency. Our Imaging Centres in Cheltenham and Birmingham together with mobile scanners are providing urgent scans for cancer patients to enable them to continue with their treatment pathways.
On a national level, the Charity is supporting NHS England using mobile Computerised Tomography (CT) scanners to be located at NHS hospitals and the new Nightingale COVID-19 field hospitals in Birmingham and Bristol to support COVID-19 patients.
Cobalt has supported the NHS for over 50 years providing and funding cancer services for patients across Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and Worcestershire. This includes state of the art
medical imaging, research into the diagnosis and treatment of cancer and specialist nursing posts. We will continue to support cancer patients using our specialised scanning equipment to provide free oncology scans for the NHS.
We are raising funds to enable us to purchase vital personal protection equipment (PPE) and also to continue to support patients with cancer during this difficult time.
Please help us with a donation today or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Read all about our ongoing projects that we are investing in here from exciting research partnerships through to the training and education of medical professionals.
How your support helps
- We carry out scans for over 75,000 patients each year.
- We work very closely with Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust to support breast cancer screening services, by providing ultra high field MRI scans to support the diagnosis of cancer.
- We contribute to oncology and dementia research on a local, national and international basis.
- We provide training and education to medical professionals, attracting delegates from all over the world to programmes delivered by local,national and international leaders in their field.
- We fund a specialist nursing post for Teenagers and Young Adults with cancer. Megan Willsher Cobalt's TYA Nurse, provides specialist support for these patients.
- We support the early diagnosis of dementia in partnership with the 2gether NHS Foundation Trust. Read more on their website here.
- We fund two specialist nursing posts within the Fritchie Dementia Centre, in Cheltenham.
- We work in partnership with University Hospitals Birmingham to provide state-of-the-art MRI scans for patients involved in research; this includes specialties such as neurology, liver, oncology and cardiology.
To find out more about these projects please click here.