How your support helps
- We carry out scans for over 130,000 patients each year.
- We work very closely with Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust to support breast cancer screening services, by providing ultra-high field MRI scans to support the diagnosis of cancer.
- We contribute to oncology and dementia research on a local, national and international basis.
- We provide training and education to medical professionals, attracting delegates from all over the world to programmes delivered by local, national and international leaders in their field.
- We fund a specialist nursing post for Teenagers and Young Adults with cancer. Megan Willsher Cobalt’s TYA Nurse provides specialist support for these patients.
- We support the early diagnosis of dementia in partnership with the 2gether NHS Foundation Trust. Read more on their website here.
- We fund two specialist-nursing posts within the Fritchie Dementia Centre, in Cheltenham.
- We work in partnership with University Hospitals Birmingham to provide state-of-the-art MRI scans for patients involved in research; this includes specialties such as neurology, liver, oncology and cardiology.
Thank you to the Clive Richards Foundation
The Clive Richards Foundation (formerly the Clive and Sylvia Richards Charity) first supported Cobalt in 2013 with a campaign to fund digital breast screening equipment for the Hereford County Hospital and went on to generously donate towards many research and diagnostic scanning projects, including the ITM Imaging Centre at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham. In recent years the Charity also generously supported lung cancer screening programmes in Manchester, Hull, Newcastle and Gateshead. Clive Richards CBE KSG DL (1937 – 2021) was former Patron of Cobalt, a keen supporter of our work and a remarkable philanthropist along with his wife, Sylvia.